Free2Code
The majority of forums are now only available as archives, which means posting/editing is disabled.

The Anything and Everything forum is still open.

Time: 2014-09-18, 07:46pm
Talk about Games, not advertise
Subject: Talk about Games, not advertise  ·  Posted: 2005-12-15, 02:17pm
Member #: 15685
Is there anyone playing games here anymore? Or is this forum completely taken over by advertisements on online servers, ie. Ragnarok, Neopets,etc etc....

Where are the gamers?? Any new game that anyone has been playing?? Maybe you can give your two cents?

Let me start....I just finished playing two recent games Quake 4 and The Matrix:Path of Neo

Quake 4 had excellent graphics and sound but it wasnt really different then Doom3 (They both used the same engine from ID)...Sure u had the ability to pilot a few cool vehicles, and a couple of levels that were made up as cutscenes using the 1st person view to great effect..and the ability to have ur squad mates follow u around....and not just be cannon fodder

But the rest of the game seemed too similiar to Doom 3. Even the shotgun looked familiar

Overall a 7/10 would be y opinion

As for The Matrix:Path of Neo

It was as fun as an arcade game could be, but nothing more than that...nice kung fu moves and the ability to play as NEO (YIPEE)...weapons were a little more stripped down...not as many varieties as Enter the Matrix, but the ability to wield two is mp5s was cool...graphics looked a little dated and blurry compared to enter the matrix...and everything looked scaled down...gameplay was more or less the same but the camera angles sucked...i guess all arcade game's camera sucks...

Overall a 6/10 for me

Anyone else??

Stick and Stones may break my bones but Caricatures will cause a riot!

Reply to this ·  Post link ·  Top
Subject: Re: Talk about Games, not advertise  ·  Posted: 2005-12-20, 05:51am
Member #: 3416
i've been enjoying robin hood the legend of sherwood recently, as well as 007 from russia with love on the xbox.

robin hood reminds me of an old game i used to have called goblins iii, but of course has better graphics and is more complicated. i'm not all that far into it as far as i can tell, but it's fun to have robin hood punch out the sheriff's men, then have the merry men tie them up and stash them in a building. the only thing i don't especially like so far is that sometimes when i'm trying to fight (by clicking and dragging the mouse) it thinks i'm trying to draw a selection box around my men. i think the reason is that i'm not actually in fight mode even though i think i am.

as for from russia with love, it's cool having a 007 game where you're playing as someone other than pierce brosnan, but i think they should have spent some more time on the controls for this one. it's rather ackward in game, and the menus aren't very well designed either. i'll still play it through, but everything or nothing felt like it was way better quality.

my mind is like a steel trap! it only hangs on to the big stuff. visit my forums at track7.org

Subject: Re: Talk about Games, not advertise  ·  Posted: 2005-12-20, 03:12pm
OOh i just bought two more new games...well one of them is new...the other was released last year. GUN and Sid Meier's Pirates!

Gun
Its damn fine time they came up with a decent western themed game....and Gun is more than decent, it rocks.....its got very cool graphics, great storyline, great voice acting from the likes of Kris Kristofferson and Lance Henriksson to name a few, great music soundtrack, great sound effects ranging from the sound of ur horse galloping to the *Pwting* sound when u shoot ur enemies's guns from their hands. And the gameplay is like GTA3 meets the wild wild west

U can take side missions and the map is of the free roaming kind where u can go anywhere and do anything like mine gold to shooting townsfolk (which has a tolerance level before they all fight back!) to even hunting with a bow and arrow...red indian style...missions range from bounty hunting, sheriff missions, herding missions and even riding the pony express!!!

Guns range from 6 shooters to winchester rifles to double barreled shotguns to bows and arrows.....u can even perform a quickdraw and do that showdown with the baddie u always wanted

Tho some places were a little slow to load ( most probably cause i put the graphics quality to the highest setting) and the camera angles can get a little disorienting

9/10 for me

Sid Meier's Pirates!
I think it came out last year 2004, so it would make it a seasoned game...from the creator of civilizations....This game is a more revamped version i think of the 1987 version and features a 3d engine....the game is more cartoony than realistic but its hell of a fun....you play a privateer/mecernary whos after revenge for the kidnapping of his family when he was young...

Its another free roaming enviroment where u can do anything u want without following a fixed path....u can choose to ally urself with either the french, spanish, english or dutch but u can change that alliances throughout the game. So u can go around plundering villages, attacking trade ships(MUAHAHA) and generally do pirate stuff

gameplay is easy to learn...but it uses a lot of keyboard action for navigation and the action sequences..tho the mouse can be used as well...u can recruit ur crew and sell the ships u attack....u can even be a trader and trade goods...u travel over a map and ca dock at ports and take missions from the governers there....you can even romance the governer's daughter and marry her....but first u have to play a stupid dancing ballroom minigame before u can romance the girl....(my dancing skills are crap)....u can even go treasure hunting from the maps given to you by ppl u meet at the local tavern...but the best part of the game is when u attack a ship....then u can get to control the ships and fire off cannonballs at ur enemy or ram them and take over the ship with a little crew to crew fighting....when that happens u control ur main character as he fights the captain of the enemy ship....its all a matter of hitting the right button at the right time to win beat ur enemy...u can even go after the most nortorius pirates and take them out to increase ur standing as top pirate..lol

Graphics and music are of the more cartoony sort so dont expect blood and gore...there isn't any! But its all neatly done..tho i wished they had more voice acting instead of just text displayed on screen...music is kinda annoying tho....animations are pretty smooth with little choppynes and the layout of the screen is pretty well done....

7/10 for me

Subject: can u solve a game problem for me  ·  Posted: 2005-12-27, 05:38am
Member #: 26200
i have to design a game of Nim and it's just not working. im desperate for it, please help:

this is the task:

Your task is to deign a program to play the game of Nim. You and the computer take turns removing one, ywo, or three coins from the pile of twenty coins. Whoever is forced to remove the last coin loses. You type the number of coins you want to remove. The number of coins removed by the computer is a random number from one to three inclusive.

Here is an example of the input/output displayed during a game:

20 coins left. How many do you want to remove? 3
You removed 3. I removed 1.
16 coins left. How many do you want to remove? 2
You removed 2. I removed 2.
12 coins left. How many do you want to remove? 1
You removed 1. I removed 2.
9 coins left. How many do you want to remove? 8
You cannot remove 8! Try again: 3
You removed 3. I removed 2.
4 coins left. How many do you want to remove? 1
You removed 1. I removed 3.
Damn, I lost.

Instruction:
Design a program for this game using java. my email is babe_fati@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Talk about Games, not advertise  ·  Posted: 2005-12-27, 05:35pm
urm maybe this should be moved to the Java forum?

Subject: Re: Talk about Games, not advertise  ·  Posted: 2005-12-30, 09:39am
Member #: 199
i cant move one post. only the whole thread.

but fati, if you wanna go post the same question in the VB thread, you are more than welcome. you might get a better answer there than here.

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.

Subject: Re: Talk about Games, not advertise  ·  Posted: 2005-12-30, 09:41am
Member #: 97
Wot is that

'You have thoroughly defeated me on the Internet. There is no reason for me to continue living anymore.'

This post has been removed by a moderator (reason: this is a game thread. take it somewhere else accident !)

Subject: Re: Talk about Games, not advertise  ·  Posted: 2005-12-30, 09:46am
Member #: 194
i liked Quake 4 so far. I'm stuck on the bit with the hover tank though.

been meaning to try Gun, it looks great.

VAGINAS

» Post edited 2005-12-30, 10:45am by accident.

Here's a coupon for a punch to the face.

Subject: Re: Talk about Games, not advertise  ·  Posted: 2005-12-30, 09:49am
Member #: 26044
Yes, I'm playing Doom 6.

Just entered the love canal!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Subject: Re: Talk about Games, not advertise  ·  Posted: 2005-12-30, 10:38am
Member #: 26044
Phew, It's warm and moist in here... And I keep running into these crab-like monsters.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Subject: Re: Talk about Games, not advertise  ·  Posted: 2005-12-30, 10:41am
Member #: 199
locking this thread

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.

Pages: 1

Topic is closed.