Free2Code
The majority of forums are now only available as archives, which means posting/editing is disabled.

The Anything and Everything forum is still open.

Time: 2014-07-25, 05:04pm
Dynamic drop down lists
Subject: Dynamic drop down lists  ·  Posted: 2006-11-13, 11:54pm
Member #: 29093
Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me. I am new to both the forum and new to perl programming. I have recently been given a task by my employer which involves me using drop down lists to search for a particular item. I would like to use a drop down list to allow the user to search for a particular item.

If possible there should be more than one drop down list and I would like to determine what is displayed in the second drop down list, by looking at the value of the first drop down list.

However my main priority and what I have been searching on the internet to try and find for the past hour or so is to dynamically populate a drop down list. I have a mysql database that contains 4 tables. I would like to use a field from one of those tables to dynamically populate a drop down list with values.

So far I have the use DBI command and the database connection command. I do know how to perform a mysql query with perl and I know how to create a drop down list. However I am stuck with using the database to populate the drop down list.

If anyone knows how to dynamically populate a drop down list please could you explain it to me. Thank you in advance.

"To err is human dbut to really foul things up requires a computer"

Reply to this ·  Post link ·  Top

Pages: 1

Please login or register to post a reply.