Free2Code
The majority of forums are now only available as archives, which means posting/editing is disabled.

The Anything and Everything forum is still open.

Time: 2014-09-17, 07:34am
Reforms in the UN
Subject: Re: Reforms in the UN  ·  Posted: 2005-06-04, 12:58am
Member #: 14565
 storyteller writes...
The US refused to let International Law to prosecute American soldiers for war crime in the International Court for war crime. That amount to immunity.

One problem. The U.S. has never committed any war crimes.

BTW, the Koran abuse story--It says on the news the the headlines: U.S. CONFIRMES URINE TOUCHED KORAN AT GITMO!

Look inside the story.. and it says it was the Muslims who peed on it..

- Little Freeland (Ryan) http://ryanfreeland.org << NEW WEBSITE!

Reply to this ·  Post link ·  Top
Subject: Re: Reforms in the UN  ·  Posted: 2005-06-04, 08:45am
Member #: 51
 Ryanusac2003 writes...
The U.S. has never committed any war crimes.

If that is so, why is the US so afraid to face prosecution that it would use its veto to avoid it?

The idea that anyone is "innocent until proven guilty" becomes meaningless if the person is immune from any test. It then becomes simply "innocent because I'm the bigger guy and you can't say otherwise".

You might feel safe today, Ryan, because you feel sheltered by the bigger guy but a day might come when you're the little guy and then you will wish that "might is right" were not the prevailing ethic.

Subject: Re: Reforms in the UN  ·  Posted: 2005-06-04, 02:55pm
Member #: 5260
You've forgotten that the American used chemical weapons in the Vietnam's War, where it has caused untold suffering upon Vietnameses, when they used Agent Orange.

Compensations were so in coming to the American veterans, but the US government, both past and present refused to recognise any Vietnamese sufferers. And there are no prosecution for those involved in using Agent Orange.

Double standard, as I have said, is the norm in American military/foreign policies. You want to prosecute Saddam Hussein for biological attacks on the Kurds, but no Americans have been prosecuted for war crimes atrocities that they have used.

Americans have done similar testings on islands in the Pacific, but nuclear testings, where are the compensations for those islanders.

Dreams are stories, but my life is just one bad dream. :P

Subject: Re: Reforms in the UN  ·  Posted: 2005-06-04, 11:21pm
Member #: 14565
Clarification: I meant that the U.S. has never committed war crimes in Desert Storm, Afghanistan, and Iraq.

Vietnam was a whole nother mess of bullsh*t in my opinion. I probably agree with you guys here, it was a useless war that had no good outcome. It wouldn't have been useless if some idiots didn't make the decsisions to bomb cities where bad guys were, because their might be civilans in the vicinity (even though their weren't in most places).

- Little Freeland (Ryan) http://ryanfreeland.org << NEW WEBSITE!

Subject: Re: Reforms in the UN  ·  Posted: 2005-06-05, 04:57pm
Member #: 5260
It was so much the bombing in Vietnam, but the spraying of Agent Orange over vast region.

Did you know that people are still suffering from the effects?

Recent news report (which was a couple of months ago) showed that many children are born with serious deformity even today. Had you seen this report, you would be disgusted too that the US military had used chemical in their warfare.

To me, I don't see any difference between Saddam using biological weapon on the Kurdish town and the US using Agent Orange in Vietnam. The only difference is that the Americans got away using such weapons.

Dreams are stories, but my life is just one bad dream. :P

Pages: 1 · 2

Please login or register to post a reply.