Free2Code
The majority of forums are now only available as archives, which means posting/editing is disabled.

The Anything and Everything forum is still open.

Time: 2014-12-19, 03:36pm
TRON OS...does anyone have it?
Subject: TRON OS...does anyone have it?  ·  Posted: 2003-09-06, 06:17pm
Member #: 8368
hello everyone out there...
i was researching for a bill gates assignment a few months ago (and still am) when i saw this article...

Japan's Bill Gates, minus the billions

Link above

"We've become used to our computers freezing maybe once a day, but you can't have a mobile phone freezing in the middle of a conversation," said Masayuki Makino, a manager in charge of developing software for mobile phones at NEC.

Asked about the operating system inside his own computer, Sakamura smiles broadly. "Tron, of course.

"I don't use Windows."

is a short excerpt from the article...

i was just interested if anyone uses/knows more about "TRON" ?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Reply to this ·  Post link ·  Top
Subject: Re: TRON OS...does anyone have it?  ·  Posted: 2003-09-07, 07:12am
Member #: 3416
this might help: tron

my mind is like a steel trap! it only hangs on to the big stuff. visit my forums at track7.org

Subject: Re: TRON OS...does anyone have it?  ·  Posted: 2003-09-07, 07:56pm
Member #: 8368
 misterhaan
this might help: tron

lol...not exactly what i meant...here are a few links that i found after more searching, but i still can't seem to find where i can d/l it..maybe its only in jap?

tron
tron.org
another link

are there anyone here who has used TRON? or know if its available for download or anything...i mean mobiles not crashing are good, but computers not crashing is probably even better :P

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Subject: Re: TRON OS...does anyone have it?  ·  Posted: 2003-10-03, 10:10pm
Member #: 7065
If its compact enough to fit onto a mobile phone, then it's unlikely that it will feature any of the goodies usually associated with uncrashable OSs, such as garbage collection and strong typing.

Subject: TRON OS  ·  Posted: 2004-04-01, 06:46am
TRON OS Ken would really be the most richest man in the world if he hadnt released to the world for free..

{.jpg I am not a pretty picture}

Subject: Re: TRON OS...does anyone have it?  ·  Posted: 2004-04-01, 09:03am
Member #: 3416
{.jpg I am not a pretty picture}

a logo saved as jpeg?!?! man i hate it when people do that.

my mind is like a steel trap! it only hangs on to the big stuff. visit my forums at track7.org

Subject: Re: TRON OS...does anyone have it?  ·  Posted: 2004-04-08, 04:13am
Member #: 12026
its says in the site that "tron is an embedded operating system".. I doubt you can just download the source or kernel and run it on your box.

- emk

Attitude is no substitute for Competence. - Eric S. Raymond (esr)

Subject: tron os  ·  Posted: 2004-04-10, 07:02am
im not too good with computers and this might be the wrong link but.. maybe this is the link to the OS? sorry if it's totally wrong, i came across it earlier before reading this thread.

TRON Web has received many requests for information about a royalty-free, open source TRON operating system. Such an operating system system does exist; it is a µITRON4.0-specification real-time kernel called "TOPPERS/JSP," which stands for "Toyohashi OPen Platform for Embedded Real-time Systems/Just Standard Profile." The source code, which runs on MS Windows-based machines among others, can be downloaded from the following link.

http://tronweb.super-nova.co.jp/toppers-jsp.html

Subject: Re: tron os  ·  Posted: 2006-09-12, 10:20pm
Member #: 28453
Hi,

I downloaded toppers/jsp kernel release 1.3 . How do i compile it ? My target processor is i386. Documents say release 1.3 supports i386. Does anyone know whether the latest release 1.4 supports i386 and is it available ?

Subject: Re: TRON OS...does anyone have it?  ·  Posted: 2010-08-27, 01:12am
Member #: 15283
Oh crap... The only reason I replied to this post was because of 'misterhaan'

YES T.R.O.N. was developed back in the old tea exh tea days and some of us still have the source code.

(end of line)

greetz to misterhaan \ _B_
-----------and??? ---------BTW who'z our new P.M.plz???

P.S. --- M.H.-I've been wrestling with the BIG KOALA
Burr/abee in Bandjalung lingo. (true)

PPs BRB Mate

Beware the Big Koala. It originated the recursive malapropism when it found itself supernumerary to a specific task and commented, "I think I'm erroneous here". -which it wasn't until it said so, but then it was, -so it wasn't. It also once won a staring contest, with a stuffed cat.

Pages: 1

Please login or register to post a reply.