Free2Code
The majority of forums are now only available as archives, which means posting/editing is disabled.

The Anything and Everything forum is still open.

Time: 2014-09-01, 11:21am
Critical Error
Subject: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2004-12-28, 12:33pm
Member #: 15283
While test running Microsux Internet Exploiter this morning after having a 4 day break over Christmas, (and thunderstorms with everything still plugged-in) I came across a brand new WARNING window.

It appears to be a legitimate microsoft I.E. error message and has the "news" -You have a CRITICAL ERROR, -blah blah blah, etc.

This new scare tactic merely supercedes the old one of "Your Computer is Infected with a Virus" and seems to be generated by some clowns who think that I'm as stupid as I choose to look.

I'll put it this way, -I DO NOT wish to upgrade/update/modify my system.!. (it works just fine like it is)

*NOTE* --- Beware the spurious "Error Message"
It's a load of crap and just wants uninformed users {lusers} to modify their systems for the benefit of other interests. Cheers. _B_

*afterthought* Maybe the "Critical Error" is that big companies can't load crap onto my system? Hhmmm.

Beware the Big Koala. It originated the recursive malapropism when it found itself supernumerary to a specific task and commented, "I think I'm erroneous here". -which it wasn't until it said so, but then it was, -so it wasn't. It also once won a staring contest, with a stuffed cat.

Reply to this ·  Post link ·  Top
Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2004-12-29, 01:16pm
Member #: 11609
Bah, you'll get these all the time.
Sometimes it's just a popup window; other times it's a javascript application window.

Whatever it is, it's just an attempt of some stupid crackhead moron to try to get spyware or other type of infection onto your system.

A guy gets on a bus and starts threatening everybody: "I'll integrate you! I'll differentiate you!!!" So everybody gets scared and runs away. Only one person stays. The guy comes up to him and says: "Aren't you scared, I'll integrate you, I'll differentiate you!!!" And the other guy says: "No, I am not scared, I am e to the power of x."

Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2004-12-30, 02:04pm
 JordanAF2003 writes...
other times it's a javascript application window.

Yah Jordan.
Yeah Mate, -you're onto it.
Stoopid Lusers.
Professionally presented though. _B_

Beware the Big Koala. It originated the recursive malapropism when it found itself supernumerary to a specific task and commented, "I think I'm erroneous here". -which it wasn't until it said so, but then it was, -so it wasn't. It also once won a staring contest, with a stuffed cat.

Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2005-01-05, 12:57pm
Member #: 1
Ignoring any "error" messages you get from your browser is generally a good start.

An even better security measure would be to not use Internet Explorer at all.

Personal belief is often a poor substitute for the truth.

Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2005-01-06, 01:58am
 Jester writes...
An even better security measure would be to not use Internet Explorer at all.

Agreed 100.03%

Unfortunatly, -the lack of the IM facility here requires me to contact some members offsite; and the particular website I use for this, -is Internet Exploiter specific.

Otherwise I wouldn't even touch any browser from Microsux.

The only good thing about using IE occasionally is that it lets me know my anti-spyware stuff is working. _B_

Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2005-01-06, 05:37am
Member #: 4753
You can use a pop-up blocker/killer for this. I don't get anything of this sh*t since I block all nasties with me firewall. Try NoAds...

A problem is though that f2c uses the advertisers that do this kind of sh*t too...

Now I would love to help sponsoring f2c more, but I had to update me hosts-file for this, which means no 'per-site' blocking/allowing...

There are three kinds of people: Those who know how to count, and those who don't.

Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2005-01-18, 11:07am
Member #: 5295
One thing we need remember that Firefox can take a min of 40 mb of ram to use. Open more tabs and you need more ram. The security of Firefox and Opera and the like (mac computers ) are mainly because 85% (or higher) number of people still use IE or some M$ O/S If you want to make money i.e. the malware makers. They really will not target lightly used search engines and O/S. Since Macs represent about oh 10% of computer users, would you focus on 1000 people or 9000 people? There is this, which we made over on this end of the world. Give it a try MCHE

Becareful as this is a really powerful malware remover. if you select it to take out temp files anything with a .tmp or .old or .bak extension will go poof. But this puppy will remove most malware off your system the others cant find and keep em off.

Some people get the Elevator while others get the shaft.

Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2005-01-18, 03:22pm
 LT_Fox_Fire writes...
One thing we need remember that Firefox can take a min of 40 mb of ram to use. Open more tabs and you need more ram.

Good to be reminded.

LT_Fox_Fire writes...
The security of Firefox and Opera and the like (mac computers ) are mainly because 85% (or higher) number of people still use IE or some M$ O/S

I used to use this argument myself.
It is correct, -as it is stated.
Lately however, as I start to be able to understand more about Linux and it's known security issues,
I'm starting to wonder.
The available source-code allows me to rewrite parts of the kernal into a custom configuration which should help my system be a little more "secure".
(this is through using the argument of "targetability".)
The de-bugging is endless -but at least I'm learning.

LT_Fox_Fire writes...
There is this, which we made over on this end of the world. Give it a try MCHE

IE 5.5 minimum requirement?
*sigh* That lets me "off the hook" then.

LT_Fox_Fire writes...
But this puppy will remove most malware off your system the others cant find and keep em off.

KOOOL. Looks like a killer app.
A must have for the Micro$oft dependant users.
Cheers LT_Fox_Fire.
*waves from the other end of the world* _B_

Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2005-01-18, 03:40pm
 daonlyfreez writes...
I don't get anything of this sh*t since I block all nasties with me firewall. Try NoAds...

Hey daonlyfreez, I've just had a good look at the product through the link you kindly supplied.

It's "fully configurable". check.
It's multi-browser compatable. check.
It's a "cinch for anyone to use". BIG check mark.
Even a "dumb Aussie" like me can use it.

I'm going to try this sucker out I reckon. Cheerz. _B_

Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2005-05-25, 10:55pm
i rmbr i used to get these all the time about a year ago and i dont rmbr how i got rid of them.. just wen i reformatted my pc these little pricks start poping up..
so how do u get rid of these annoying popups? any help would be greatly appreciated

Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2006-10-07, 10:20pm
Member #: 51
hmmm

Subject: Re: Critical Error  ·  Posted: 2006-11-02, 05:51pm
hmmm, --- how do yer get rid of these annoying popups???

1. -a judiciously applied claw hammer. (thx 2 fez)
2. -hit Alt + F4 repeatedly whenever 'popped upon.'
3. -don't worry about them and surf surf surf, -kidz
4. -read some of the material in our security section.
5. -apply it.
6. -apply it while grining broadly.
7. -alt = turn Pee Cee off.

*wave* -hi Y'all.
-still alive over here.
Busy Busy Busy though.
regards to yers ALL
Cheerz _B_

When I come back it'll be with a custom Linux O/S
*rem* -I really really really HATE debugging.

Pages: 1

Please login or register to post a reply.